How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Sheibley, MD Your Own Question
Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1834
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Daniel Sheibley, MD is online now

I either have really bad food poisoning or stomach flu and

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I either have really bad food poisoning or stomach flu and am not sure which it is. I have had diarrhoea for two days. I also vomited a couple times last night. I have severe cramps throughout my body, dizziness and chills. I did eat sushi (raw fish) the day before I got ill. (Two days ago.) Do I need to go to the doctor? I am worried as I feel extremely ill.

No you do not need to go to the physician for only 2 days of diarrhea. As long as you are able to keep fluids down you should begin to feel better in a day or so. Stick to a "low residue diet" such as chicken broth and rice. Also avoid drinking plain water, but rather something with electrolytes such as gatorade. If you need something to settle your stomach, natural gingerale or crystallized/dried ginger can help. They also make teas with ginger in them for this purpose.

This will pass and you are correct was most likely due to your meal.

Does that answer your question to satisfaction?

Daniel Sheibley, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Feel better and nice talking with you! Feel free to contact me in the future if you need more help.