Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182
Medical

I am 52 years of age. Had a full hysterectomy which brought

I am 52 years of... Show More
I am 52 years of age. Had a full hysterectomy which brought on instant menopause. I have coped for 6 years medicine free. Prior to menopause I always suffered from being overheated easily and sweat profusely. This has now become unbearable and is affecting my life. To shower and dress leaves me soaked in sweat.
Show Less

Have you had the heat and sweating ever since the hysterectomy?

Do you take any medications?

Do you have other health problems? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Heat and sweating prior to hysterectomy but much worse now although the flushes have eased. I take lanzoprazol for hietis hernia. I also take setraline for depression ( caused primarily because of sweating) anxiety but otherwise healthy

Estrogen is the best treatment we have for heat and sweating brought on by low estrogen/menopause. I would recommend that you talk to your doctor about trying low dose estrogen. After a hysterectomy, there are usually few if any side effects, and you will most likely be much more comfortable and have much less (or none) sweating. Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Esterogen has been suggested but as I suffered a TIA they felt it was a risk. I now think that the risk will have to be taken. Many thanks Michele

Hi Michele,

I think that the risk will be worthwhile. Please be sure to get plenty of exercise, as that will reduce your risk of another TIA or stroke.

Estrogen is more risky the longer after menopause it's started, but starting it 6 years after menopause (loss of estrogen) is not very risky. You'll probably get some differences of opinion depending on who you talk to.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the extra information. It is a relief to know that there is something that can help. Kind regards Michele

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.