How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I'm a 23 year old female and have a condition called Mrkh.

This answer was rated:

I'm a 23 year old female and have a condition called Mrkh. In the last few months I've drastically lost weight I've gone from a size 16 to a 10 and don't know why.. Also in the last 4 weeks have suffered with serious lower back pain.. It's not pain full to touch but it is excruciating when I bend over or straighten could this be linked and should I go and see some1

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

MRKH is sometimes associated with kidney abnormalities and also spine defects.

Given your symptoms, there is possibility of kidney infection or pyelonephritis. There can be kidney stone or obstruction as well.

Another possibility can be spine problem like herniated disc, spinal stenosis or pars defect causing nerve compression with bending.

You should get an abdominal scan to check for kidney problem, urinalysis and also spine xrays soon.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you