How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10114
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

Warren and I am suffering from penile disfunction I sore

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I am suffering from penile disfunction I sore your advert in a gents toilet lh ave tried everythink bar surgery can you help me please I am 83 years young

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Well as you describe,inability to maintain an erection can be a sign of erectile dysfunction(ED).

Psychological factors such as stress,anxiety,guilt,depression,low self-esteem, and fear of sexual failure,poor performance anxiety cause 10 to 20 percent of ED cases.
In most of the cases,it will improve if they simply stop having sexual intercourse for a while and instead focus on enjoying the physical sensations of pleasure rather than sexual arousal.
Fore play can be very important and help improve erection.
Also regular exercise helps to have a good sexual life.

Monitoring erections that occur during sleep can help rule out certain psychological causes of ED.

Healthy men have involuntary erections during sleep.

If nocturnal erections do not occur, then ED is likely to have a physical rather than psychological cause.

As you are suffering from last few years so you should get your detailed physical examination including blood sugar levels,CBC, urinalysis, lipid profile, serum creatinine and LFT, free testosterone to rule out any systemic physical cause of ED as well.

Further utrasonography of testes, penile nerve test,snap and strain guage test,penile biothesiometry can be done.

Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.

You may need psycho sexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between both of you.

Involving the partners in the counseling process and psycho sexual therapy helps.

Now line of treatment may include

1)Sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis).You didn't get any improvement.

2) Use of intraurethral suppositories,the vacuum device, and intracavernous injection.

3)Placement of a penile prosthesis. This is a surgical option.

4) Combination therapies like

Sildenafil Plus Intraurethral Prostaglandin E1

Oral PDE-5 Inhibitors Plus Intracavernous Injection of Prostaglandin E1

Sildenafil Combined with an Oral Alpha-Antagonist

Intracavernous Prostaglandin E1 Combined with Oral Alpha-Antagonist

Vacuum device and intracavernous injection therapy

Testosterone Plus Sildenafil

For treatment you need to see a Urologist for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is *****

If you have any further query then we can discuss it in chat mode thoroughly.

Waiting for your response.

Dr Anil Kumar and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there doctor I thought you mite have a cure tell me what I must doi recently had a blood test an everythink what's ok so the blood test said but I still cannot get a long erecting

You should discuss with your primary care doctor and they may want to try other drug like cialis.

Effects of Cialis last much longer than those for Viagra.