How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10110
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

Dull to sometimes sharp pain ,right hand side halfway down

This answer was rated:

Dull to sometimes sharp pain ,right hand side halfway down ribcage

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have nausea,vomiting,bloating?

Shortness of breath?

Do you have right side upper abdominal pain?

Is pain radiating to back?

Are you taking any medications?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Alcohol and smoking intake?



Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any medical history?


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Male 74 No nausea etc No shortness of breath Pain is located roughly midway between top of pelvic bone and top of rib cage I do have back problems BP tablet one per day No problems during urination Non smoker Alcohol almost nil. No cough No fever One Month Over the last 30 yrs problems with Renal Colic

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,you are suffering from one month so possible causes may include Intestinal spasms due to excessive intestinal gas production,Irritable bowel disease,Renal colic,Gall bladder disease.

You should try probiotic and Mylanta gas.

Also do warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area.

Take OTC Naproxen.

Also hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Take metamucil.

I would recommend investigations like Ultrasound whole abdomen,liver function test,kidney function test,urinalysis,colonoscopy and see your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Dr Anil Kumar and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you