Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have a red spotty rash under my arms can this be the start

I have a red spotty rash under my arms can this be the start of shingles or can it be irrattion?

Hello from JustAnswer.

It can be either, although it is far more likely to be from irritation.

Can you attach a picture of the rash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just tried to send a picture not sure if it has sent or not .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you recieved the picture?

Yes, I received the picture.

This does not look like shingles, both from how the skin appears and the fact that it is not following the course of a nerve. When shingles occurs, it is due to virus activation in a single nerve, so follows the course of that nerve. And the location and pattern of this rash does not correspond to the course of any nerve.

This does appear to be minor inflammation, such as can occur from local irritation. It may resolve with more frequent cleaning, but it also can heal more quickly if you apply an over the counter hydrocortisone cream.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this has gave me relieve as I now know that it is not down to shingles and I can not treat it for irratation.

You are very welcome.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope that is all thanks very much for your help.

Certainly. Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.