How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I feel in the bathtub and I hurt my right side. I fell with

This answer was rated:

I feel in the bathtub and I hurt my right side . I fell with the right hand side and hurt my ribs just below my right breast
This morning . Have been in pain killers whole day . I have pain when standing up bending laughing or coughing

Hi Elizabeth,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is likely due to the significant soft tissue injey around the rib cage from the fall.

However, there is also risk of rib fracture from the fall.

That should be confirmed with xrays.

If there is no displaced fracture, then the management of rib fracture is same as soft tissue injury alone.

Ice, ibuprofen, avoidance of any exertional activities that require use of rib cage muscles will help with recover over 2 weeks or so.

You should get the Xrays first.

Prescription pain medication may be useful short term to help with the symptoms better.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks doc . I am allergic to I brufen aspirin componentWhat can I use instead . I am new in London my home country is Kenya where do I go for an X RayCan you give a prescription on line

You can use Acetaminophen ( Tylenol) for pain control available over the counter.

You need to go to the local hospital for Xrays and prescription.

We are not allowed to prescribe online.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has no acid . I have ulcers .

No it does not.

Acetaminophen can be used in case of ulcers as well.

Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you