How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49197
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I found a spot in my pubic region approximately 2-3 months

This answer was rated:

Hello, I found a spot in my pubic region approximately 2-3 months ago, I took no notice of it however it is still present. It is quite near to my penis, it does not cause any significant discomfort however, it does when pressed. I am very sexually active and I am worried that it might be a genital wart. Please help me.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you please upload a clear jpg photo of the area? do you see the add file link?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed add files, they are png, will that still work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doctor, do the files appear? Thank you for responding to my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a JPEG version of the photo

yes, I got the photos.

that looks like an ingrown hair follicle.

it doesn't look like a genital wart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also had a blood test recently to check for any STD's, I am still awaiting results. Is there any risk of this spot being a genital wart? and would you recommend going to get this checked upon further? If it is just an ingrown hair I am very happy but I am still worried

it sounds like you have a lot of anxiety and will continue to worry until you see a doctor

you should try exfoliating soaps in the area and try a warm compresses or hot towel on the area a few times a day. that may help.

it doesn't look like a genital wart.

you can see a doctor at any time. I suspect they will say it is an ingrown hair follicle. and not a genital wart.

you don't have to be worried.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one last question, would a blood test be able to detect if it is a genital wart?

you can have blood test to check for antibodies to HPV virus in your body

HPV or human papilloma virus is the virus which causes genital wart

but HPV is not a life long virus and your body can clear it in 1- 2 years.

Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you doctor, I shall give you an excellent rating. Have a great day.