How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19335
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have an unconformable sensation in my left testicle and

This answer was rated:

Hi I have an unconformable sensation in my left testicle and feel i need to pee constantly even after I've been, this has been on and off over the last 2 years, it all started when I had a urine infection over 7 years ago, it disappeared for years but has come back a couple years ago

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you had any recent evaluation for these symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have had blood tests, urine tests, etc etc, I was told my prostate was slightly enlarged, everything else was fine, this was about 1 year ago, then it seemed to clear up so haven't been back to the doctors, I also had an ultra scan on my bladder but that was working properly, its just an annoying sensation that seems to be coming from my left testicle and giving me a feeling of wanting to pee constantly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It all started around 7-8 years ago, I got a urine infection, fever and flue like symptoms, the doctor gave me antibioctics, it cleared the flue like symptoms but had the feeling of wanting to constantly pee after that, it felt like my bladder was full 10mins after having a pee so I would go again but only a dribble and so on, this cleared up after a few months but came back again 2 years or so ago, I didnt get another bladder infection, just the feeling of an uncomfortable left testicle and the peeing issue, some days are better than others, I again went to see a private doctor, they done all the tests on me, checked my prostate, ultra sound, antibiotics, blood tests etc etc but nothing showed up, now its all started again

Thank you for the additional information.

The most likely cause of these symptoms is chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, but is also called chronic pelvic pain syndrome, because it can cause symptoms that are beyond the prostate.

It is good that you had a recent repeat evaluation, because it is important to be certain that there is no infection present, because there also can be a chronic bacterial prostatitis, and the bacteria can spread into the tube that drains the testicles. A chronic bacterial prostatitis that lasts this length of time is less common than acute episodes of prostatitis, but it is important to identify when it is present, as it can be treated with a prolonged course of antibiotics.

The underlying cause of chronic non-bacterial prostatitis is not clear. There appears to be some amount of irritation of the nerves that serve the male genital tract. There also may be some spasm of the muscles in the tubes or at the base of the bladder. Although many men have a similar history to you and notice that it seems to have onset following an initial infection, this is not always true.

There is no single test or combination of tests that prove that this is present, so the diagnosis is usually made by excluding other conditions.

There is no easy treatment for this that will simply eradicate the symptoms, but there are several treatment that can be tried. Alpha-blockers are medicines that help the muscles at the base of the bladder relax and are frequently used in men with chronic prostate enlargement. Alpha-blockers can help ome men with chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. it also may help to use medicines that help to ease nerve pain in other locations in the body. The most commonly used medicines are certain anticonvulsants, such as gabapentin or pregabalin, and certain antidepressants, such as amitriptyline or duloxetine. There also has been some use of physical therapy or biofeedback to help relieve symptoms.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for this, would I need to see my doctor to get a prescription or is this something I could get off the shelve ?

All of the above medicines that are used for this would require a prescription, so you would need to see your doctor.

Dr. D. Love and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you