How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12018
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

Should I see an Orthopedic doctor and/or Rheumatologist for

This answer was rated:

Should I see an Orthopedic
doctor and/or Rheumatologist for my left shoulder joint pain, which has a limited range of motion when I lift
weights in the gym, not in both shoulders at once, just the left, previously I had no shoulder problems,
I used to lift 100KG but now I get left shoulder joint pain when I lift 50KG and these started after
vaccination. There's a measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience
breathlessness much earlier when I do cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine. I have
chronic fatigue and it is not improved by getting rest. I have a dry persistent cough when there's
nothing to bring up.I have a constant pain while I'm seated, which
is focused in one specific area, on the upper left side of my abdomen. This area hurts while I'm seated
with my laptop or while I'm watching TV or while I'm seated on the bus. The pain is related to
muscle movement and positional. The pain isn't there with change of position i.e. Standing up or lying
down flat.I'm having an Ultrasound scan soon.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?


Do you have a history of arthritis?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
33 MaleNo arthritis as far as I'm aware of but sometimes lI do have pain on my toes when I walkNo other medical problems

Thank you for that additional information.

It sounds like you are on the right track although I might have ordered an MRI of your shoulder as well as the ultrasound.

Given what you have posted I feel a rheumatologist would be a better choice then an orthopedic surgeon at this point.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I hope you feel better soon.

wieyedoc and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you