How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10123
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

I have spots on the penile region. From what i read about on

Customer Question

I have spots on the penile region. From what i read about on the internet it seems to be Scabies. Can you confirm that this is what it might be?
The itching is quite intense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please find the images attached.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated pain?

Is it located on base of shaft?

Do you have history of unprotected sex?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Excessive sweating?

Any penile discharge?

Burning sensation during urination?

Do you have such bumps on other parts of body?

Peeling of skin around it?


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Please see the images attached in on with my prior message as those are the only spots. It is not on base of shaft and it is not on shaft at all, just around the skin as seen in the attachments. I do have a history of unprotected sex. Suffering for possibly over a month and I noticed new itchy spots appearing. Yes it does sweat down there, no penile discharge. No burning sensation during urination. No itchy bumps on other parts of the body. Seem to be light skin pealing directly on the small spots but not around.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.
Well I have reviewed your pictures and they don't seem scabies.

Scabies cause intense itching and burrows in skin all over the body and does not appear as bumps and localised to one part of body.

Possible causes may include Folliculitis,fungal infection,HPV infection,Molluscum contagiosum.

You should use OTC Abzorb powder.

Use dial anti-bacterial soap.

You should try OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin ointment on affected areas.

Also wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent friction.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

If your symptoms'll persist then you must see your doctor or dermatologist for further evaluation and management.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.