Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181
Medical

Dr you have been advising me lately. I would like you to be

Dr David you have been... Show More
Dr David you have been advising me lately. I would like you to be frank with me and tell me if you think I am being irrational. I had 3 blood tests including ca-125 and pelvic scan. I continue to urinate up to 8 times per day. Someone put doubt in my head that a pelvic scan may have missed something even though the Dr could see the ovaries. I'm thinking that a tumour pressing on the bladder would show up. My Dr says I have an overactive bladder. I need your expert opinion if I should be satisfied with results
Show Less

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I have told you before, you don't need more testing

you are being irrational about this

you don't have ovarian cancer.

you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I think that every time I urinate I am reinforcing that I think it is a tumour pressing on my bladder

severe anxiety symptoms can cause nervous bladder symptoms and urgent urination.

you need to see your doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I wondered should I ask for the Ca-125 to be repeat ed.

no, you don't need it repeated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
A nurse practitioner told me that latest research say that if in doubt to repeat it 6 weeks after the first one. What would be the reason for this

I am a cancer doctor

she doesn't know the latest research.

CA-125 blood tests are not used to look for or screen for ovarian cancer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I thought they were that is why I felt reassured that mine came back normal. Can you please explain

all of your testing have shown no ovarian cancer.

until you get some treatment for your anxiety symptoms, you will continue to worry about ovarian cancer no matter what I say.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I would like to ask. If a patient came to you with these concerns what tests would you advise to be carried out

you have already had more testing than you need.

you don't need more testing

you need treatment for your anxiety symptoms.