How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Internist Your Own Question
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1066
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Internist is online now

Red patches/spot on penis?

Customer Question

Red patches/spot on penis?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

thank you for your patience.

can you please attach a picture of it?

for how long you have it?

any unprotected intercourse recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive had it for a day and a half.
I have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend if two months. Before i slept with her i had std check done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

thank you for replying.

did you change condom recently?

any discharge from penis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No discharge. Not i havnt changed condoms. Ive not had intercouse since saturday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another photo
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

thank you for replying back and photos.

it does not look like STD

it looks and sounds like superficial skin infection ( viral/ bacterial ) called folliculitis

you can use topical bactroban cream for 2,3 days.

if this develops in to vesicels, get more painful, and or penile discharge , i would recommend paying a visit to your primary doctor and getting tested for herpes

at this point, i stongly think this would go away on its own in another 4-5 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you doc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its also painless the rash
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

you are most welcome.

yes, it looks benign.

feel free to ask any questions you have

i am here to help you and answer all your questions

please click on accept/ leave positive ratings if this answered your query.

we only get credit after positive feedback from JA customers

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
folliculitis is to do with hair. I have no hair there it is under my foreskin. I am uncircumside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

yes , you are right, folliculits means infection of hair follicle.

i meant to say this is small infection of skin like folliculiitis.

folliculits can occur on penile skin,near the base, as there are hair follicles ( small pors, even though there is no hair there)

in either case, this would most likely go away in 4-5 days,

if you have more symptoms as mentioned above, you should see your primary doctor.

otherwise i would not worry at this point.

please feel free to ask any questions you have

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

I am here to help you and I wish you best health,

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

Thanks for using