How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58371
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have a copper coil. But mid month I got (which i realised

Customer Question

Hi, I have a copper coil. But mid month I got (which i realised later) very strong signs of pregnancy.
I'm not pregnant now (I've check with 3 pregnasncy tests, all negative).
Period hasnt stsarted properly when I would expoect it, I have some dark discharge and spotting.
I've previously miscarried (years ago before coil) and my body held onto baby (from 7 weeks til was found at 12). I needed an erpc (I think that's what it was called).
I know cervix does not open easily in this situation (had problems during erpc and on inserting coil - both needing significant effort/damage)
I have similar symptoms to when I miscarried. Very constipated, bloated, uncomfortable and slight nausious.
Do I need to see a Dr?
Could my coil of moved, in can't feel the strings.
Am I likely to need another erpc?
How long shouldf I wait before I see someone (my period is only a couple days late).
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possible lichen planus, but there is disagreement between dermatologists. I have stopped eating gluten and am better (most of time at least with small flair ups).
Generally I'm healthy, and am very active.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

You definitely need to see a doctor for this and get checked

It could be hormonal changes or a problem like fibroid uterus.

you need an exam and pelvic ultrasound

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply