Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had my gallbladder removed 10 days ago. I was re admitted

I had my gallbladder removed 10 days ago. I was re admitted to hospital as the pain was so bad they run blood tests to check no stones had got in stuck in my bile duct which the blood came back normal. Can they tell from this? I am now 10 days after my operation and where my gallbladder would have been is still swollen and whenever I eat anything I get serve shooting pains down the right side of my tummy and where the gallbladder would have been and radiates into my pain do you know what may be causing this?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.

So they just did tests on the blood?

they didn't look in the bile ducts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They took bloods pressed on my tummy which hurt a lot and said that is was just from the operation and sent me home. I still have serve shooting pains and hurts whenever I eat anything and swollen where my gallbladder would have been.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said there was no need for a scan as nothing showed in my bloods?

At this point it could be a lot of things

It could even be a problem with the surgery

you need a scan of the area to make sure there isn't an infection or something else

there could be a lot of things going on in there.

Is this helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean problem with surgery like just the recovery stage?If I had a infection wouldn't I have a temperature? I thought a scan can only tell what was going on but they say I don't need one because my bloods are normal

Like an abscess

this wouldn't cause a fever

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the symptoms of a abscess?

usually pain only

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other thing I didn't mention 4 hours after I was discharge from hospital I was heavy bleeding from one of the holes where the surgeons instruments when in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They just put more stitches in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under my belly button

sounds like a not so good surgical job to me

I would get an ultrasound or CT scan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pain I am experiencing shouldn't still be happening after 10 days after surgery ? So I'm not going crazy that's how they made me feel.

absolutely not.

after 10 days from a cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder), you should basically be close to normal. like 90% or more. This is very abnormal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it done at a private hospital but I do have appointment with the surgeon who preformed the operation Tuesday. Should I visit my gp on Monday to get another doctor to look as I've lost faith in them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would this be causing the back pain as well or do I need the ultra sound to discover the cause?
You need the ultrasound and yes it could
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will book in to see my gp Monday. Thank you for your help.
Welcome ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there we spoke yesterday about my complications after surgery the swelling on my upper abdomen is now huge should I be worried?

Yes, you need to go to A and E.

don't wait.