How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48746
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I had my first and only baby 15 months ago. He was 8lb7oz

Customer Question

Hello. I had my first and only baby 15 months ago. He was 8lb7oz and I was a small size 6, ever since I have suffered having sex, it's emotionally exhausting and my self esteem is at an all time low. I feel a lot bigger in the vingina ans wider, I have tried all sorts of creams, pelvic floors even toys that are meant to help stenghthn the muscles, I have been to the hospital for an examination, they told me I looked healthy when they had a look and that's all they seemed to be concerned about, my mental Health has been effected so much I cry most day because of how I feel, I don't have sex because it upsets me so much as I can only do it in one position any other way hurts, which was never the case before my baby, I'm very loose and I don't satisfy my partner and it's taken over my life when I look at my vagina it looks like there's a bludge it just doesn't look normal to me, I had 2nd degree tears and my midwife was useless at sewing me back up. It had to be taken out and redone by two other people who I don't feel like done a good job, I need help please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like you are having bad depression symptoms after birth 15 months ago

you should tell your doctors about these worries

you may benefit from anti-depression medication at this point. you should not be crying everyday.

you should cut your carbohydrates and exercise and this could help you loose weight if you are overweight.

you should start to do kegel exercises which can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles

have you done kegel exercise yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I'm not depressed over my baby. I'm just very unhappy about how my vagina is now, I cry after sex and I get bad aniexty about having it as I know how I'll feel so deflated after, if I knew how other woman looked after birth I'd feel better but I just feel like I look like a car crash down below and like it's not normal, I've spoken to friends who have children and they say they are nothing like me and the way I look as I describe down below, I'm not over weight I'm a size 8 and I rather healthy and go to the gym twice a week, the doctor at the hospital said I had a "slight" prolapse but there's nothing she can do about it and I said I "have to learn to live with it" to which I don't think is right, I've been trying to source a second opinion as the NHS is free and I'm not looking to go private for a second opinion, it's effecting my daily life and it shouldn't be, I can't jump up and down or run to fast and I just feel pressure in my vagina, things I have never suffered with before having my baby I was very happy and confident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant to say I am looking to go private and pay for a second opinion as it's that much of an issue in my life, am I allowed to show you a picture or not
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can upload a photo here for me to review.

you should see a plastic surgeon in your area as well

some plastic surgeons here in the USA specialize in vaginal rejuvenation procedures to do plastic surgery to help improve the appearance of the vagina after birth.

that could help you

also doing kegel exercises can help as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done keegals for a year and I've felt maybe a 5% improvement, and I know I'm doing them properly as I've been taught at the doctors. I also find if I do them for a week at a time I get a very sore anal passage as a have piles from giving birth. They bleed and swell up which is embarrassing for me also to why I get upset so much, I think the wall between my vagina and anal passage is very thin and tears when I pass a stool and I bleed a lot from the inside, but the doctors just tell me to take stool softerners and eat high fibre foods which I do and still doesn't help, sorry for the graphic pictures I haven't shaved as it's a last min photo does it look okay or there's something just not right
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you may need to have hemorrhoid surgery

you could have IBS with constipation. medications like Linzess can help with constipation.

after birth, there can be a lot of swelling of the labia and vagina like this

you may benefit from weight loss and exercise

you can see a vaginal plastic surgeon to talk about vaginal rejuvenation surgery.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using