How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49474
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I currently suffer from bipolar disorder it is rare that I

This answer was rated:

I currently suffer from bipolar disorder it is rare that I am manic my main issue is I am completely empty emotionally. I have have been hospitalised several times the first time for depression in 2006 the other times for mania monthly admissions, when I was suicidical attempted hanging in the hospital. I spent 9 months in the hospital in 2006. I firmly believe my issues are caused by excessive drugs use I have probably taken thousands of ecstasy tablets over the years before I became depressed. My psychiatrist would not give me an antidepressant because they were worried I would become manic I feel the doctors do not listen to me when I say the only antidepressant that has worked for me is marplan, isocarboxazid. I have tried Prozac and Citilopram. Recently I was hospitalised voluntary my cpn was concerned about my drug use many speed. In the hospital I took my regular medications arripiprazole depot 400mg and sodium valproate 2000mg they then added to help the depression lithium 1200mg and venlaflaxine 225mg. I spent 1 month in the hospital I was regularly asked whether my mood improved and I replied no each time. Eventually they let me out of the hospital no better than I went in. I am looking for a doctor that will break the norm and prescribe me marplan on the nhs I know it's listed in nhs prescriptions. Can I find a doctor that will prescribe me this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I go to a private psychiatrist is there one that can prescribe marplan?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, if you go to a private psychiatrist in the UK, you can ask for one to prescribe you marplan or isocarboxazid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I need to pay for my prescription if I go to private psychiatrist or would I receive prescription free on the nhs?

the doctor there should provide you a prescription which you should be able to get through the NHS.

we can not provide prescriptions to clients over the internet here.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you