How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Had a pancreas tumor removed last year I have same symptoms

This answer was rated:

Had a pancreas tumor removed last year I have same symptoms back lot of pain under my rib care thank yoy

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

What was the diagnosis of the pancreatic tumor?

Was it a benign tumor or cancer?

Please let me know.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that.

What was the stage of the cancer?

Any other symptoms that you have?

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Since how long are you having this pain?

Please let me know.

Dr. SH and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Please enter your phone number in the private box at your end so that I can give you a call to discuss your concerns.

Kindest regards

It is very important, considering your symptoms, to rule out metastases or spread of the cancer to the bones or the ribs or the back. The best test to find out if there is any spread is PET/CT scan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will I have to wait.CAN THEY TREAT ME FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE

Yes it can be treated.

First you need a pretty urgent PET/CT scan.

You need to contact your specialist ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pain killers not much good what can I do or take to ease the pain thank you

You need strong prescription pain medications.

If the pain is severe you will require things like endone or even a fentanyl patch for your pain.

I would recommend that you be seen by a pain doctor to help with your pain.

Follow up with your GP to get a referral to a pain specialist in your area.