How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48708
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have had 3 high blood presur readuing over 3 days shoudl i

This answer was rated:

i have had 3 high blood presur readuing over 3 days shoudl i see a doctor
day 1

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

what are your blood pressure readings?

are you male or female?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am 51 years ol
day 1 144/100 day 2 140/84 day 3 138/100

yes, you should see your GP doctor.

to discuss these blood pressure levels.

did you buy a new blood pressure cuff for home use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i work in a hospital was done here

I see.

yes, you should see your doctor

your diastolic number (bottom) is a bit high on some of your readings.

you may need to loose weight to help lower your blood pressure

you may need to cut down on salt intake and eat healthier. avoiding carbohydrates and eating healthier can help you loose weight which can help decrease your blood pressure.

if these don't help, you may need to go on some blood pressure medications.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am losing wirhgt and use very little salt - i have also been suffering with nose bleeds one on the weekend lasted 45 minutes - i have a contant headache - dizziness - blurred vison on times - palplations on time and leg and hand cramps - do these play a part in high blood pressure

you do need to see your GP doctor

you need blood work testing

you could have a sinus infection which can cause headaches and dizziness and mucus in the eyes.

you may need a course of antibiotics.

you need blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels.

you could have low potassium or low magnesium blood levels which can cause cramps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have had antibiotics for sinus infection - i also take 125mg of thyroxine.

then you need to see your doctor to get your TSH and free T4 levels checked to make sure your dose of thyroid hormone level is proper

this needs to be checked a few times a year.

Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you