How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11888
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

Do i have a mental health issue?

Customer Question

do i have a mental health issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

How long has this been going on for?

Does it interfere with your daily activities?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe since I was about 8-9 but more so in the last year
It can interfere with work as some days my heads all over the place also it can affect my relationships be either boyfriend friend and family i snap at my partner often and I avoid a lot of contact from my family as I find it exhausting and overwhelming
I don't take any medication and have never seen my gp about mental health
I currently use the implant as a contraceptive and am asthmatic so use a inhaler
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

It is difficult to say with any certainty if you have a mental health issue or if you are just part of the spectrum of normal.

So. What should you do?

I'd suggest you meet with a psychologist (PhD) for counseling and evaluation. If she thinks you could benefit from medication she could refer you to a psychiatrist.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS