How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11724
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now

I think my hearing is getting poor. What steps should I take

This answer was rated:

I think my hearing is getting poor. What steps should I take to investigate it?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How old are you? Is this in one ear or both? Since when are you feeling this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am 75 years old and have slight tinnitus. I can hear most peogle speaking but in crowded places or when there is a large distance between myself and person speaking to me I find words are indistinctive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will visit my NHS Dr. Thank you for your offer.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I have not yet answered your question. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not wish to make a phone call.

Dear customer,

We can continue with chat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I find listening to public announcements I am often unable to distinguish some words.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if there are other sounds about me at the same time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oops sorry predictive txt mistake

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Please use the below link for a basic check of your hearing.

You can also take the telephone check by calling 0844(###) ###-####

The next step would be to visit your GP who will do a simple test to know whether the impaired hearing is due to a block in the conduction of sound such as due to ear wax, or due to a problem in the inner ear. If your GP will find any abnormality, your doctor will correct it (such as removal of wax), or you will be referred to an audiologist for a complete hearing examination. With an accurate diagnosis and treatment your hearing will improve.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because having received the answer, this is the only way that you can compensate me for my time and work. A bonus will surely be appreciated and is recommended.

Wishing you the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.

Dr. Ravoof and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you