Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My boyfriend and I just got back from France yesterday. He's

Hi there. My boyfriend and I just got back from France yesterday. He's gotten a very high temperature over the past 12hrs, with aching limbs and shivers. I'm not sure if this is a reaction to the mosquito bites he's gotten but just wondered what I can do?

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How high a fever and does he have any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Over 37 Celsius. He's shaking despite the fever, has had a headache since he woke up. He's managed to eat some lunch and keep water down

Can you please tell me more about the headache?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've checked and he says his vision is fine, not blurry, and doesn't feel dizzy. No light sensitivity, but says it feels like a throbbing pain

OK

I don't think this is from the mosquito bites

Most likely it's viral as in the flu.

For now he needs plenty of fluids, rest and ibuprofen or aspirin for the fever

But if he can see a doctor in the next day or two to get a prescription for Tamiflu that would shorten the course of his illness

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** your help!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you