Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I TRAVELLING TO DUBAI IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR, MEDICATION FOR

I TRAVELLING TO DUBAI IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR, I AM TAKING MEDICATION FOR ANKYLOSING-SPONDYLITIS (Celecoxib)+(CODINE) CAPS/TABS. I HEARD THAT SOME MEDICATIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN DUBAI. CAN I TAKE THE ABOVE MEDICATIONS WITH ME TO DUBAI? DO I NEED A DOCTOR'S NOTE TO TAKE THESE MEDICINES INTO THE UAE? PLEASE ADVISE. MANY THANKS. GEORGE WILDER.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Celecoxib is not a controlled substance. There is no restriction to this medication.

However you will still need a doctor's prescription to justify its use in Dubai.
Hence please carry your doctor's script with you as well.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DEAR ***** THANKS ***** RESPONSE -I WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY GP SOON FOR A DOCTORS NOTE. REGARDS GEORGE

Very welcome