wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Could emergence of one renal cyst in the right kidney (no

Could emergence of one renal cyst in the right kidney (no renal cysts before) be result of mechanical kidney injury?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you just answer to my question?

While blunt trauma is though to to be risk factor for renal cyst formation the fact of the matter is that we really do not know what causes renal cysts to form.

So. To answer your question directly:

Maybe.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your response. It makes sense for me indeed.
I hit my back (mainly right side of the back) and head during a car accident. In several hours after the accident, delays between urinations developed. Later headache with nausea appeared (in addition to other symptoms). Then, in seven months after the accident, one renal cyst (size of 11 mm) was found in the right kidney during ultrasound investigation although previous similar investigation (in two weeks after accident) did not find any cysts in my kidneys. Next ultrasound investigation, carried out in five months (twelve months after the accident), found an increase in the cyst size up to 12 mm while no new cysts were found.
Do you think that development of delays between urinations and emergence of one renal cyst in my right kidney were result of mechanical kidney injury?

Once again, what causes renal cysts is poorly understood.....so it is hard to tell if what happened caused the cyst..

In the end, unless you are considering legal action, it doesn't matter what caused the cyst.....it is there and being watched.

Make sense?