Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My mother is 65 years old and today she had an glaucoma eye

Hi my mother is 65 years old and today she had an glaucoma eye surgery. She developed fever 39.6 fee hours later. Can the fever be from the lazer surgery.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No, the fever wouldn't be from the surgery

But it's possible that she's starting to get the flu

For now she needs plenty of fluids, rest, and ibuprofen and she can let her doctor know about this tomorrow since a prescription for Tamiflu could nip this in the bud fairly quickly

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think she should go to the hospital now. In the past few years has has been developing allergies from certain medications such as some anti biotics. Can the fever be a reaction from the medication or drops given during the lazer surgery

I don't think right now this is an emergency situation and no the fever isn't from the medication or the drops

Just have her follow my suggestions above and contact her doctor tomorrow

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My pleasure and call on me anytime