wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

L have severe pain in my thigh and kneecap. the numbness and

Customer Question

l have severe pain in my thigh and kneecap. the numbness and tingling are horrendous, l get blurry vision. l was diagnosed with epilepsy 2wks ago, l have been put on medication lm constantly tired
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 years ago.

How long has this been going on?

What tests have you had done?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
for about 2yrs since my son past away. l have had an mri ct and xrays done. l suffer from depression, insomnia, epiliepsy, which l was diagnosed with 2wks ago asthma. l was told l had athritis, which has really affected my life. medication: levetiracetam 1000mg per day, fleuroxatine20mg, cocodomal, ventolin, fostair inhalers
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that additional information

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the UK and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS