Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am pregnant but not sure of who the father is as i slept

I am pregnant but not sure of who the father is as i slept with guy 1 on the 26th of may and guy 2 the 2nd of June. I started my lmp on the 22nd of May and was still on it when was with guy 1 i just found out im pregnant and the scan predicts 5 weeks and 5 days according to size 2.4mm can you help me figure out who i am now in a relationship with guy 2 and he is so lovely and i see a future with him i really feel i was ovulatiing when was with guy 2

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

It is very much unlikely and almost impossible for you to get pregnant from having sex on 26th of May. The most possible and likely day for you have gotten pregnant is 2nd of June. The sperm from 2nd of June has survived till you ovulated and then has fertilized the egg and made you pregnant.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes that has helped me a lot, I just felt worried and wanted to ask a doctor but not my own. I was wondering if scan says 5 weeks and 5 days without me saying when my lmp was how can they predict this ? because when i had scan i was a bit confused if period was 22nd or after this so wasnt sure if they would use this date

Dear customer,

You are welcome.

The radiologists have various parameters based on the size measured on the ultrasound scan to predict the date of conception. This is very accurate.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on the 4th of July I had the scan and the radiologist said on the paper its 5 weeks 5 days does this mean the conception date is 3 weeks 5 days because was reading online something about that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
because if it was guy 2 it wouldnt be 5 weeks and 5 days

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, this is correct. The sperm has survived till the conception date which was 3 weeks 5 days back.

Take care

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you know when the most accurate time is to get a scan and when that would be to get measurements that would match up with dates?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

The most accurate time for a dating scan is between 8 and 11 weeks gestation. This will match up with the dates.

Take care.