How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr S.A.Alam Your Own Question
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4501
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr S.A.Alam is online now

My partner doesnt feel well today. he has pain in his chest

This answer was rated:

Hello, my partner doesnt feel well today. he has pain in his chest but he said its muscle pain. puls was 120 irregular. blood pressure 124/80- seems normal, but usually he has very low 100/65 . he has this pain from 2 days. should i lookin for an advice in hospital?problem is he dosnt want to go-we live 10 minutes from General eastbourne hospita.
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: yes he had this problem before but he said that because he was tired
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes he had shortness breath.he took painkillers and went to bed

Thank you for your question, i am a cardiologist and come across such cases daily. if heart rate is irregular and he has chest pain then it means he is having angina or heart pain and heart rate is irregular because hearts electrical system is disturbed. In such cases it can prove costly if you delay the treatment. He needs urgent care treatment. Test they will do in emergency are ECG and blood tests like troponin to make sure this is not simple angina. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you

You are welcome, have a nice day. Do rate as positive, thank you.

Dr S.A.Alam and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you