Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Have Gad and health anxiety worries. Frightened to visit my

Have Gad and health anxiety worries. Frightened to visit my GP.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What makes you afraid to visit your GP? What is your concern regarding this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a part of my disorder. I suffer health anxieties and physical symptoms such as palpitations, missed beats and they worry me. Just need reassurance but frightened to visit GP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would rather just type thanks

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I understand that this is a part of GAD, but you should realize that such thoughts that you are having are inaccurate and false. Thoughts are just thoughts and are not facts. You should not believe them. Whenever you get such thoughts you should address the thought as "Oh! here I am getting this incorrect though again."

You should read the below book explains these inaccurate thoughts in detail and also how to deal with worry and such physical symptoms that worry you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worry-Trick-Brain-Tricks-Expecting/dp/1626253188

Reading this book and implementing the strategies into your life will then allow you to consult your GP with minimal worry and anxiety.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are the frequent missed beats and tickles in throat and chest part of the fight or flight response even when they come out of the blue

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, these are commonly experienced in anxiety due to the hormones released by the fight or flight response. Nothing to worry about. However, as a precaution, your GP will do an ECG which will most certainly be normal.

Take care.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice. Has given me some reassurance and I will def purchase the book you recommend. Many thanks Rob.

Dear customer,

You are welcome!!
Glad that I could help.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.