Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm a bit worried about my mum. She's been told that her

Hey, I'm a bit worried about my mum. She's been told that her hemoglobin level is only 6.7, she's been told to come back in to see where she's bleeding from but they can't get her an appointment. She flies to France next week, her mum is sick and she's saying she has to go. Is there any extra risk of her flying? She's suspected it all started a couple of years ago but she's been stubborn and only just gone to the doctors. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Flying does not impose any extra risk since she is anemic chronically.

Bleeding is not the only cause of low hemoglobin it can be iron deficiency, vitamin deficiency or many other causes. This needs thorough evaluation. She needs to followup with a doctor for this issue.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top of the screen.

Have a good one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would it be urgent for her to cancel her flight or do you think it's something that can wait until she's home? Ideally not wait obviously it needs to be done asap but she's refusing to cancel the flights. Blood cells aren't maturing enough apparently so they said she's losing blood somehow.

Thanks for the reply.

It is not of such urgency and she can fly home and can pursue her treatment over there. But she should get it done as her hemoglobin is too low.

Hope this helps.

Have a good one.