DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 44, female. Three weeks ago I started with pain behind

I am 44, female. Three weeks ago I started with pain behind the eyes. Then sore throat, cold, productive cough and chest symptoms. I have been taking amoxicillin since Friday. The phlegm, cough and chest symptoms have gone now but for a few days I've had the most intense headache. Yesterday I went to the urgent care where they advised me to go to the pharmacy and get cocodomol as paracetamol was doing nothing for the pain. The headache was the most painful I've ever felt and was behind my eyes, my forehead and the top of my head.
Today it's not as bad, but I still have pain behind the eyes and now the pain has moved to the base of my skull and my right temple. I'm worried because I never usually get headaches at all.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Headache and pressure behind the eyes indicate most likely a sinus infection.

You should continue with antibiotic and start taking an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen,cetirizine and steam inhalation

If the nose is also blocked you might need a nasal decongestant.

You should get better in next 48 hours or so.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. My nose isn't blocked now. I've had this pain behind the eyes for nearly two weeks now and the headache for days. Is it normal for it to last this long?

Yes in untreated or complicated infection it can last a bit longer

Good luck