Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have an employee who is going to work outdoors providing

I have an employee who is going to work outdoors providing electrical power, on the island of vis (Croatia) for 7 weeks in September & October.As his employer what medical advice will I need to give to him for vaccinations required and any precautions etc that are particular to that country.Many Thanks
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service.
In my opinion, you should not be giving advice as an employer as you are not trained to do so. I would recommend that the employee attend a travel medicine clinic that will give him a full consultation and asssesment. Generally routine vaccines should be updated, such as tetanus and Hepatitis A should be given. For Croatia, Hep B and Rabies are optional vaccines and dependent on the actual area visited and activity planned.