Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I think I got food poisoning last night with the symptoms

I think I got food poisoning last night with the symptoms and fainted but did not have diarreah? I woke up with stomach cramps thinking I had to go to the loo only to find myself on the floor?

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Do you still have the stomach cramps?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No just last night but no diarreah only cramps,severe sweating,fainted and started shaking for about 30 min non-stop. I took electrolytes which helped and lots of water. I went to the bathroom normal this morning. No fever,no cramps just weak and a very sore bum,Lorena

OK Lorena

What you had last night is called a vasovagal reaction--the wind and cramping cause your vagus nerve to be stimulated and that dropped your heart rate and blood pressure and made you faint. That isn't anything too serious

But it sounds like you may have a viral gastroenteritis--the so-called stomach bug. That usually runs its course in a few days

So, for now, I'd suggest some oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day along with plenty of juices and GatorAde and you should be fine in another day or two

Please let me know if you need any more information