Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had a fall on Wednesday evening and fell quite heavily on

I had a fall on Wednesday evening and fell quite heavily on my right hand side on a laminate floor. I am currently on crutches and lost my footing. My ribs are hurting badly and I am having difficulty coughing. There is no external evidence of injury and no bleeding from mouth or in urine or stools. I am very worried that I may have done internal damage. Is this likely. How long may I expect pain to continue. I am taking paracetamol by way of painkillers. They are having a limited effect. My breathing is not impaired although I am copd diagnosed.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am sorry your previous question details are not available. Can you please give me some details that what investigations have been done so far to rule out any internal injury?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen a medical practitioner

Ok no problem. Do you have a diagnosed medical problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still experiencing discomfort not only around my ribs but also more centrally beneath the sternum. Is this normal?

Thank you for your input. That's not normal and you should medical attention to be on safe side.