Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am a male 70 it is an embarising question but i noticed

i am a male 70 it is an embarising question but i noticed blood in my semen last night
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: i feel fine
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that i can think of

Dear customer,

Blood in the semen is called hematospermia. This condition though alarming, is a very common symptom, and is most commonly due to benign conditions such as inflammation within the male reproductive tract (prostatitis or seminal vesiculitis), but can also be due to infection. Inflammation of the gland (prostatitis) can cause a tear in one of the fragile veins of the prostate gland predisposing to bleed.

Hematospermia often resolves on its own, but even one episode of bleeding into the seminal fluid will take a few weeks to clear up completely.

However, if the hematospermia is persistent (>2 months without any defined cause) then there is some concern.

However in your case, this episode is likely to be benign and harmless, and you have no reason to be worried.

You can just have a physical examination by a doctor and if required a scan to know more about the health of the prostate.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thankyou very much for putting me at rest that is a big relief to me

Dear customer,
You are welcome!!
Glad that I could help.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.