Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Yes this is likely another bacterial infection from wearing contact lenses.You will need to wash the contact lenses well in antibacterial solution. Also you will need to get antibiotic eye drops like erythromycin or ciprofloxacin to be used 6 times daily for 5 days. Environmental allergies are another possibility. That can also cause persistent redness, itching and crusting. This can be treated with antihistamine eyes drops like Ketotifen after completing the antibiotic eye drop course.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/
Ok One possibility can be allergic reaction to contact lens material. Antibiotic eye drop will require prescription from your doctor. Ketotifen eye drops should be available over the counter. Yo can start with ketotifen first as allergies will respond well to that. If no improvement in next 2-3 days, then you will need to contact your doctor for antibiotic eye drops. Best wishes
Yes most likely. Environmental change due to the higher allergens in the air can cause similar symptoms.
Very welcome Best wishes