Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I'm concerned I may have an sti. Although it was from

Hi. I'm concerned I may have an sti. Although it was from protected oral sex I feel I may have symptoms (pain urinating/irritated urethra). The contact was only a 5 days ago but I would like to take a precaution. If I took 500g of the correct antibiotics now would this be ok?

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Which antibiotic are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Azithromycin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dosage would be 500mg

OK

A one time dose of 1 gram--two 500 mg pills--would cover you for chlamydia so it would be fine for you to take that much

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would this have any impact when I get properly tested in a week? How about ghonnorhea?

If you had chlamydia and you took the antibiotic now you'd probably test negative in a week

This doesn't sound like gonorrhea but the azithromycin would also cover that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. Appreciate it.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I read the odds are extremely low I have anything given what I described is this true? Also, How does payment work? As you can imagine this is quite sensitive information I wouldn't want to receive texts or emails at a later date.

The risk in this scenario would basically be zero

I've made the page private for you