Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a 64 year old male. Every year or so now I get flu like

I am a 64 year old male. Every year or so now I get flu like symptoms but with NO nasal problems (sneezing, nose blowing etc). I run my hands up & down my legs and in particular my arms and there's that flu like sensitivity. I have very little strength or appetite and there's a slight dizziness which makes me unsteady on my feet. I seem to virtually lose control of passing water which is most inconvenient as you can imagine. My urine tends to go a bit darker. All this usually lasts about 3 or 4 days and and then disappears as quickly as it appeared and lays me pretty low for the period. I have been getting this for about the past 5 years now. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Anthony Hart.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you have any other medical condition?
Do you take any medication daily?
During these episodes do you develop any stomach pain?
Also have you got any blood and urine test during these episodes?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Question 1. Hearing difficulties most my life which have NOTHING to do with my query. 2. Multivitamins. 3. No. 4. No.

Ok thanks for your reply.
Do you develop sore throat first before developing other flu like symptoms?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
NO, I don't want a live phone call - wouldn't be able to hear anyway. When I sent my symptoms query I expected to get an answer fairly quickly. Instead I'm being asked to send money for this and that. If you're not prepared to answer my query NOW then forget it, I'll find another website or make an appointment with my own doctor, you're messing me about. I'm under the weather with this thing as it is and I don't need all this hassle. JUST ANSWER MY QUERY PLEASE.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
NO

OK thanks for your reply.
Based on your symptoms, your symptoms likely start with a viral infection.
The infection trigger intense immune response from your body.
The immune response causes inflammation of the muscles and also the kidneys.
That leads to a condition called glomerulonephritis.
This causes excessive urination and dark colored urine.
Blood count with differential, sed rate, CRP, urinalysis, Complete metabolic panel during one of these episodes will confirm the diagnosis.

Since your symptoms subside after few days without any residual symptoms, that suggests mild nature of the problem.
Given that this is immune mediated condition, you may respond well to oral steroid course during these episodes.
Best wishes