How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 59366
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I've tried lots of therapy, cbt, nlp, general talking

This answer was rated:

I've tried lots of therapy, cbt, nlp, general talking therapies but I have binge eating disorder and wonder if I could take medication, I'm so fed up I'll try anything to just stop thinking about food, I've heard there are some medications now approved for it?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Yes, actually vyvanse was recently approved for binge eating disorder.

have you considered that?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, I've never heard of it, I would definitely try it though. I wouldn't want to ask my own doctor for it, could you tell me where or who I would get it from?

you would need to go to a weight loss physician or your own doctor

I would help but it is illegal for us to give meds online

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you