How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3050
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

I am 49 years old. I have an almost unbearable itch on and

This answer was rated:

I am 49 years old. I have an almost unbearable itch on and around my vulva. I have in the past had it before but not as severe as now, but unlike before I have no pain passing urine. The area is also very dry. There is one or two bumps, but I think that's from scratching, I try not to, but sometimes its virtually impossible to ignore all the time. Its around a week since it started and there seems to be no letting up, but maybe my attempts to fix myself could of made it worse, rather than help.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Do you have any vaginal discharge ?

Have you used any hair removing cream in that area ?

Any recent sexual encounter ?


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Early in the week, a little discharge. Never use hair removing cream and last time I had sexual intercourse must of been over ten years ago.

Is it possible for you to attach an image of the area where you have bumps ?


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. This is embarrassing as I sure you know.
I've managed to take the photo, working out how to send it now sorry.

y​es I can understand but it will help in suggesting you the way forward


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does this work, I hope so, not the most technical of people I'm afraid.

Thanks for the information

It seems like a fungal infection in that area

You should use an anti fungal cream like clotrimazole or miconazole .

This should be helpful in settling the itching and redness in that area

I am available to assist you any further in this regards

If you feel that you have received the answer please leave a 5 star rating so that I may be credited

Best of luck and kind regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much, I appreciate the help more than you can imagine.

You are most welcome

Please leave a 5-star rating so as to give credit for the service provided


DR. EHTISHAM and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you