How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49534
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I'm a 28yr type 1 diabetic and have been unable to produce

This answer was rated:

I'm a 28yr type 1 diabetic and have been unable to produce any ejaculate. I can get and maintain a erection and get the feeling of ejaculating but nothing actually happens.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you may need to take more time between sexual events for more recovery time

when was the last time you ejaculated?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This has been going on for nearly 4yrs.

what medications are you taking? certain medications can affect sexual function and ejaculation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Lantus and Apidra solostar

I see

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety can kill erections and cause poor sexual performance

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No anxiety and performance is fine.

how long have you had type 1 diabetes?

type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder where your body makes antibodies which can attack your pancreas

diabetes over time can affect your nerves and sexual function as well and could affect your prostate and how much semen fluid you are making.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've been diabetic 20yrs and no semen fluid.

I see

most of your seminal fluid is produced in your prostate gland.

you could have a temporary blockage of your prostate gland or inflammation of your prostate gland affecting fluid production.

usually these issues resolve themselves over time as your body can heal mild infections and inflammation issues

you can always see a urology doctor or your GP to check on your prostate gland as well

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How would I go about seeing a urology doctor.

in the UK, your GP doctor has to refer you to see a urology doctor specialist.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
Thanks for using

Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you