Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I am very worried that my granddaughter may have juvinele

I am very worried that my granddaughter may have juvinele dermatomyositus. I dont want to mention it to my daughter for obvious reasons. How can I go about bringing up my concerns without seeming like a scare monger. She is under the hospital but they have given my daughter no answers. The symptons look exactly like the above mentioned medical diagnosis. I want this ruled out. AT least then hopefully her condition can be treated as an alergy and nothing more seriousl.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well the symptoms you mentioned are very much suggestive of the condition . Ruling this out needs few tests;

Muscle enzymes- CK and aldolase

EMG

Skin biopsy

Antibodies test esp Anti Mi-2 Ab and MSAs

Please let me know if you need any further help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou. Who can do these tests. I live in Hertfordshire so is there a private or local hospital who can do these tests.

Muscle enzymes and antibodies are blood tests while EMG is done by neurophysiologist.

Skin Biopsy needs a skin specialist.

For start get blood work done ,if thats abnormal only then you need to proceed further with EMG or biopsy.

I am not actually working in UK so cant really guide you about the lab. You will have to check from the local healthcare services about the availability of these tests.

I am sorry i am unable to make any calls at present, at job actually.

Let me know if you need more information.

Hope it helped.

Plz let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

I hope you are great. This is to request you to reward credit for the consult. You can do that by leaving a positive rating to my work, clicking 5 stars on top of your page.

I am happy to assist to further if required.