Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I keep getting ill. Pretty much every week, I have some kind

I keep getting ill. Pretty much every week, I have some kind of bug. This has been going on since last May when I had my third child. I eat a good, balanced diet, I have a healthy, mostly outdoor lifestyle and I dont drink or smoke. I feel lethargic every day by about 2pm and a day of sustained activity will result in me being ill the next day. What can I do?

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What are the symptoms of the illness you have?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lethargic and weak by about 2pm most days, regular colds, throat infections, fevers - most weeks I have at least one day of feeling ill.

Have you had any labs/ blood tests done recently by your doctor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not recently. I had a blood test earlier in the year and they said my iron storage was low so I take iron tablets.

Okay, you might have a weak immune system due to low iron or low blood counts. There can be anemia as well. This can be due to many factors for example, malabsorption, dysfunctional thyroid gland etc.

I would suggest that you have a full blood count (CBC), liver function tests, thyroid function tests and serum total protein and serum albumin tests, CRP and ESR tests done. These are all blood tests and can be done in a single visit with reports available almost the same day and will help in further evaluation of the symptoms.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** make an appointment and get that done.

You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any future concerns as well.

Good luck!