wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm joing a Cambridge Scuba Diving club I need to be

Dear Madam or Sir
I'm joing a Cambridge Scuba Diving club I need to be examined by an Medical Referee to see if I'm physically & mentally fit to do scuba diving, My Medical Referee said he needed information from my GP about my Disability. 
Unfortunately I do not know what my Learning Disability is,
I would like to ask do you know or find a place where I can be assessed to find out what my Disability is please?
Thank you for your kind attention
Please give me a reply as soon as possible
Sincerely Yours
Alex Scully

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Where do you live and how far can you travel to seek care?

How old are you?

What have you been told your disability is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Rick
Thank you for answering my questions,
I'm 37 years old,
I live in Cambridge Endgland UK,
I wasn't told what my disability is, all I was told I am a slow learner which isn't very useful, I went to a school for people with disability. At a test I was told in part my disability is dyslexia which may be true but I don't really know
Thank you for your kind attention
Sincerely Yours
Alex Scully

Alex,

Are you a certified SCUBA diver currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet.
Alex Scully

The best place to get this information is from your GP.

I'm sure she would be happy to send an email (or a letter) to your Medical Referee so you can start SCUBA training.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS