Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

My son has just done 3 months of hep c treatment with

hi my son has just done 3 months of hep c treatment with sofobusfur. He was undetected at week one. Today i cleaned his razor using domestos, milton sterilising fluid and also dettox i am still worried he could reinfect . himself from the eletric razor.

Hi Geraldine. You do not need to worry about your son getting re-infected with the hepatitis C virus. Once he has it, his immune system begins to manufacture antibodies to fight back and protect him. This sets up a battle between the virus and his immune system. The medication helps to slow down the viral replication so the immune system can get the upper hand. Once this happens, he will not have to worry about ever getting re-infected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you i cleaned everything I have been so worried that he could reinfect himself with the razor even after cleaning it

You're welcome. Hope all continues to go well for your son.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you he was born with it and it bad has been terrible

I see. Well, if his viral levels are now undetectable, this means he is responding well to treatment and may be cured completely.

If he does not have any risk factors such as HIV or sharing needles with others, he should not worry about re-infection. The risk of this happening after successful treatment is very low.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He finished the treatment on Wednesday. He was undetectable, he has no other risk factors of sharing needles.I was just worried as he is using the same razor electric as he was using before his viral load was zero. As I said I put it in bleach to clean it. But
We still were wondering about his razor.

It sounds like he has responded well to treatment and is probably cured. While cleaning, or replacing, his razors is probably unnecessary, it is not a bad thought to be absolutely sure. You're a good mom! :-)