Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 74 and have been suffering with balance problems for

I am 74 and have been suffering with balance problems for several years, which are getting worse and seriously impacting on my life. In 2000, I had a meningeoma removed followed by radiotherapy. Do you think that could be causing the problem ? I have had several MRI scans since then which have revealed nothing new.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your balance problems.

I am a radiation oncology doctor who gives radiation for patients who have meningiomas.

that is good you have had MRI scans of your brain to watch your meningioma.

you should see a neurology specialist and get more balance testing and tests on your nerves.

you may benefit from physical therapy to help strengthen your muscles to help balance.

did your balance problems start after your brain surgery? the location of your surgery and brain radiation could give some clues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been referring to my medical correspondence since surgery in 2000. in 2008 my medical problems were described by NHS Neurologist as 'left anaplastic meningioma removed and radiotherapy ' and also 'gait apraxia- post radiotherapy frontal lobe changes in MRI'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was recently referred to Orthopaedic consultant about my weak knees contributing to my balance problems. She gave me exercises to do, however since starting them 3 weeks ago, the condition seems to have deteriorated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Following the surgery in 2000 I continued to play badminton , swimming and yoga, but had to give them up about 5 years ago due to increasing balance problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to receive any advice from you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any communication from you since 11.45. If you do not reply by 1300 , I expect to receive a refund of my £34 for the '100% satisfaction guaranteed ' failure

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

customer service