How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58320
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have had a salty taste in mouth and lips for 18 months

This answer was rated:

Hi I have had a salty taste in mouth and lips for 18 months now...not getting any joy from own doctor...please could you advise

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any post nasal drip?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No nothing just bad taste in mouth

could it be from post nasal drip?

that is the the most common cause of this salty taste

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've not had any post nasal drip. This just just appeared for no reason and I have been to the doctors many times and tried different things but nothing works

have you had any head trauma in the past couple years?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No no head injuries

Ok thank you

acid reflux?

do you take any meds including OTC meds?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have tried acid reflux meds, made no difference so ruled that out...have tried oral thrush meds they didn't work either...think I'm a lost cause!

did you try allergy meds just to see?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No haven't tried allergy meds...which ones are they?

I would go with zyrtec or allegra

if it is allergies that will help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Dr. Phil, MD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you