How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10211
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I am suffering from a severe urine infection being treated

This answer was rated:

I am suffering from a severe urine infection being treated with Ciprofloxacin 500mg which does not seem to be working. Is there an alternative? I am 77 years old Type2 diabetic. The in fection is not related to sexual activity. Treatment has so far lasted 10 days

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The best way to treat urinary infection is to get a urine culture and sensitivity done which would tell the bacteria causing the infection and antibiotic to which it is sensitive. So i would recommend you to followup with your doctor and discuss getting urine C/S to modify the antibiotic.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you