How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48765
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

If a patient discharges themselves from hospital would there

This answer was rated:

If a patient discharges themselves from hospital would there GP be notified if there were on going health problems that needed to be dealt with please .

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, if the patient discharges themselves from the hospital, there should be a discharge summary written for the patient by the doctor in charge the patient's hospital admission

and this discharge summary should be sent to the GP doctor

is this a relative that is worrying you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it's myself I discharged myself from hospital 4 years ago before my consultant came to see me .I never knew what was the outcome of my blood test and other tests that were done .

you can ask your GP doctor or ask the hospital for copies of your medical report and testing from that hospital admission 4 years ago

the medical records department of the hospital should have these records on paper somewhere in medical records.

Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The answer I needed was would my own doctor get in touch with me to say I needed treatment if consultant knew something was wrong with me .

yes, your GP doctor should get in contact with you if something was wrong

it sounds like you are worried.

you should make an appointment to see your GP doctor.

I a sure nothing was wrong

let me know if you have questions.