How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48740
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I'm a normal builder lad your worse sort of patient I

Customer Question

Hey. I'm a normal builder lad your worse sort of patient I normally just leave stuff but this has got me a bit worried!! I've had a virus now for 2 days a spot on my upper lip just under my nose appeared, I irritated the spot and then went to work on a building site.My right hand top lip has swollen like I've been punched, I've read up its a build up of fluid, only issue is am I supposed to be putting pressure on or anything to release it or shall I just leave it a few days a let it go down?Thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also I have pushed most of disgusting stuff out, now has some sudacream on it. Just like I said now feels like I've had a good punch to the lip
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

it sounds like you have an upper lip infection, it could be a bacterial infection if you had pus infected fluid come out of it

you really should see a GP doctor in the UK and get on a course of antibiotic pills to help decrease this pain and infection.

you can use cold compresses on the area to help decrease pain for now

you can take paracetamol pills for pain

do you have a GP doctor you can see?

or you can go to the hospital A&E department without an appointment and most likely they will give you a prescription for an antibiotic

you don't want this potential infection to spread and get worse.

let me know if you have questions.